How to know 100% how to be saved!
There are many questions in life that pose great importance to our future. Such as: What job should I take, where should I live, who should I marry, how are we going to get through this, ect. However, all questions pertaining to all matters in life pale in comparison to that of your eternal destiny. If this life is just a shadow that passes with a handful of decades then eternity should be our main concern. So what does the Bible, God's Holy Word, have to say about eternity? If it is attainable then how so?
2 Peter 3:9 says, "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." When God first created man He did so with the intention of all things being perfect and in His infinite love He would not force mankind to return this affection. Though man has changed through sin and rejected Him He still feels the same for us and desires all to accept His gift of love.
- You need to know how much God really loves you! John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." In The Father's desperate plea to know you He sent His only Son to bare the weight of the worlds sin so that you might obtain eternal life through it.
- Realize that your sin has caused you to fall short of "deserving" and therefore you need a Mediator. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Everyone has sinned and the harsh reality of the matter is that without Christ there is no hope of an eternal future outside of Hell.
- Understand that a price needed to and has been paid to secure your place in Heaven. Romans 6:23 states, "For the wages of sin is death: but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Webster's definition of a gift is, "Something bestowed voluntarily and without compensation." There is no need for payment nor can we find any means for purchasing salvation for it is a gift that only needs to be accepted.
- Accept that Jesus Christ died and rose again three days later to pay your price. Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." 1Corinthians 15:3,4 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" It was not enough for Christ died for us but also that He would rise again from the dead to fulfill His promise of a way for redemption.
- Finally, pray, ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, and claim His promise for eternal life. Romans 10:13 declares, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." His promise to you is that if you will ask Him for it He will endow you with eternal life.
There is an indescribable peace that comes with knowing that you are saved. It can never be lost, stolen or taken away by any force on or beyond this earth. We invite you to grasp this gift that was bought with at great expense and given with great love. If you have any further questions about this matter please feel free to contact our church staff so that through the scriptures we might endeavor to better assist you.